The mission of the Rutherford County School System is to empower today’s students to grasp tomorrow’s opportunities.
THE RUTHERFORD COUNTY SCHOOL SYSTEM BELIEVES:
• learning promotes individual student success.
• providing a safe and nurturing environment is essential to student learning and staff effectiveness.
• collaboration among parents, community, and the school system is vital to the development of self-directed, lifelong learners.
• achieving academic benchmarks through the use of research-based strategies is the responsibility of all educational stakeholders.
• challenging programs (rigorous/relevant) are paramount in fostering continuous improvement and high expectations for the educational community.
• educational priorities and improvement strategies should be supported through budget requests.
The vision of the Rutherford County School System is to provide students with the knowledge and skills to become lifelong learners who are able to adapt and successfully meet the challenges of the future.
STEWARTS CREEK MIDDLE SCHOOL MISSION AND VISION
Our mission at Stewarts Creek Middle School is for students to achieve and exceed the state standards in an atmosphere that supports differentiated instructional practices, develops self-discipline, and allows students to grow socially and intellectually.
The vision of Stewarts Creek Middle School is to produce self-directed learners in a respectful environment that encourages students to succeed in core and exploratory subjects and receive a well-rounded education. With all stakeholders working together to advance the vision, the school will provide students with a challenging and nurturing environment that promotes high academic standards and educational experiences while building the character of students.
The Creek Code
1. Respectfully respond to an adult when spoken to and be an active listener.
2. Be accountable and take ownership of your education.
3. Introduce and welcome all visitors to SCMS.
4. Leave your environment better than you found it.
5. Hold the door for other people rather than letting it close on them.
6. Be mindful of your peers and make sure they are included. Surprise others with random acts of kindness.
7. Always say thank you when you are given something.
8. Know other teachers’ names and greet them in the hallways.
9. Maintain integrity whether you win or lose.
10. Learn from your mistakes and move on. Tomorrow is a new day.